Re: Create a view using OUT values from a procedure - how?

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 11:27:31 -0700

Another thought occurred to me, and I don't know why I didn't think of it before:

Create view student.v_grades
(str_student, studentID, str_higrade, str_lowgrade)
AS
Select v.student, v.studentID, substr(v.mypackedvals, 1, instr(v.mypackedvals, ':') -1), substr(v.mypackedvals, instr(v.mypackedvals, ':') +1) from
(Select studentdb.student,

          Studentdb.studentID,
          mycomplicatedfunction(myval) as mypackedvals
FROM studentdb
WHERE ( ¡K)) v

This should provide only one call to the function, and allow you to parse the various values from the returned string.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 13:27:31 CDT