Re: setting up a windows 2000 domain user as the preferred node creditial for sysman of OEM

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:14:54 +0200

Johannes wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to specify a windows 2000 domain user
> (XXXX\YYYY) as the preferred node creditial for sysman in OEM? I've
> added an
> entry in
> START-PROGRAMS-ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS-LOCAL SECURITY POLICY -
[...]

Hello Johannes,

the "logon as batch job" privilege has to be granted via the domain. In the local security policies there is a column named "Efective Rights" (or something like that) which has to be checked. It reflects the privileges granted via the domain.
So you have to grant "logon as batch job" on the domain controller to your OEM user.
Also allow the privilege some time to travel from the domain controller to your database node.

There are some articles on MetaLink which also cover this topic. AFAIR searching for the error message gives some starting points for further research.

Since I'm writing this at home with no W2k running at the moment, some or all names and designations may require slight corrections. ;-)

HTH,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de