ORA-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off

From: Praveen <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 05:57:39 -0700

Hi All,

I'm using oracle 10g in window XP system. java programmers will be accessing the database. Frequently they will get "ORA-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off" error and through sqlplus also i'll get this error. But, after sometime it works fine. I checked tnsnames.ora and listner.ora files entry. they seems to be ok. i have used system name itself for HOST flag instead of IP address. But still i'm getting this error.

Can anybody tell me what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Praveen Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 07:57:39 CDT