Re: Periodic restart plusses and minuses?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:57:47 +1000

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/tools.htm#28104

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96519/intro.htm#1005206

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96519/glossary.htm#432645
>> avoiding fractured block issues while still being able to run
>> overnight/month-end reports or other things that a growing business
>> might run into.
>>

>>> Due to politics, I will not provide an opinion or even make a
>>> supportable
>>> statement in either direction. This needs to be an external (to me)
>>> reference, and preferrably not an unsupported anecdote.
>>>
>>> (Once they're over this, I hope the discussion can get back to a pure
>>> business benefits discussion!)
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance for helping control the local noise pollution!
>>> /Hans
>>
>> I'm with Mark on the nightly RMANs and weekly cold's, it seems to
>> cover most situations.
>>
>> jg
>
> Thanks all. I got the diversion I needed to get them back on track.
>
> From Howard's response I realized the core was a 'tuning by ratios'
> discussion. I printed off some of the NG's thread around the 'value of
> ratio-based tuning' [ ;-Q ] from a few months ago. That diverted their
> attention and the discussion is now proceeding smoothly toward RMAN and
> nightly warms.
>
> /Hans

LOL!!! :-O
HJR Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 22:57:47 CDT