Re: Recommended Version of Solaris for 10g DB

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:32:22 GMT

Oracle doesn't care, afaik.
Usually the higher version of OS the better, if certified by Oracle. Your Unix Admin should be looking at advantages, not you. Other compatibility issues will probably be in equation (e.g. hardware)

-A

On 6 Oct 2004 11:56:14 -0700, the_omegamon_at_yahoo.com (Omegamon) wrote:

>Greetings,
>
> I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the
>direction of 'official' documentation from Oracle WRT
>advantages / disadvantages of implementing 10g DB on
>Solaris 8 vs Solaris 9. I am also appreciative of
>'points of view' in the comparison of the S8 & S9 with
>10g. Any comments WRT info on Solaris 10 and 10g are
>welcome as well.
>
>All thoughts appreciated,
>-O

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 10:32:22 CDT