Re: How to install oracle on UNIX

From: Tom Barnes <nospam1978_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2004 07:11:12 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<4164c9a7$0$23894$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> >> Your practical and empirical experience on this matter is as nought
> >> compared with the direction Oracle itself is moving in, I would say.
> >
> > Tom Barnes wrote:
> >
> > No offense, but couldn't I say the same thing about your instructions
> > for how to install Oracle on unsupported Linux platforms?

> Whether or not Oracle supports distro X, my instructions for distro X would
> have still included instructions for setting the kernel parameters.

I guess what I was trying to say was... Your material is hands-on instructions on how to install Oracle in the not-quite-100%-Oracle-approved way (ie you're installing on unsupported platforms). Keg was also explaining how to install Oracle without following Oracle's guidelines 100%.

> Third and final: go and read what I originally wrote again. Put it all back
> into context. There is not the whif of flame about it.

I was commenting on the whole thread, not your post specifically. I am not accusing you of flaming, I apologize if you think I did.

-Tom Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 09:11:12 CDT