Oracle Portal file upload with DADs

From: Rados³aw Għsiorek <szczurak_at_wp.pl>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:11:36 +0200

Hello

          To all

I go trought Oracle, step by step, I've solved my previously problems, with some help from You. Thanks.

Now I have other problem with file upload: 1.
 I have added to Portal page text item with such example body:
<FORM enctype="multipart/form-data"

action="PORTAL.MYUPLOAD"
method="POST">
</FORM>

So after commiting this form: file is uploaded to PORTAL.WWDOC_DOCUMENT table and then some results from PORTAL.MYUPLOAD are showed.

I can access to this uploaded file by:
http://HOST:PORT/pls/portal/docs/filename where filename= WWDOC_DOCUMENT.NAME and this is not neme of uploaded file. for example:
WWDOC_DOCUMENT.NAME= 146.JPG
so I get this file by:
http://HOST:PORT/pls/portal/docs/146.JPG

In WWDOC_DOCUMENT table are also other columns like REAL FILENAME, FILENAME, PATHID.
and PATHID.

If File is uploaded usign my example form then I have in table WWDOC_DOCUMENT :
PATHID=0, file name = F447257978/ATTACHMENT.JPG, REAL FILENAME=F447257978/attachment.jpg, NAME=234243.jpg

What I need is how to access to this file like http://HOST:PORT/pls/portal/docs/PAGENUMBER/filename

My general problem is to split out files to other folders for each page (for example I upload some files in page nr 1, and some files in page nr 2).

The easest way it to rename file names to PAGE_PAGENR_filename but I would like to access this files by url and modified PATHID. Anyone know solution. I know it is supported by DADs but don't know exacly how.

Thanks for help.

--
mgr inż.Rados³aw Għsiorek - programmer
e-mail: rg_at_xmbsoft.pl