exists processing

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:09:29 -0400

Could someone explain how this is processed by the database?

I'm having trouble formulating these correctly because I don't quite understand how the database processes exists.

select count(*) from table1
where (locationid like '%SOMEVALUE1%') and (exists (select job from table2 where (( contains(description,' $Carpenter ') > 0 )) and (job in (select job from jobtable where job is not null and locationid=table1.locationid))))

Actually if there is a good explanation on how to methodically take these suckers apart and figure
out how the database processes them that'd be fine also.

Thanks
Jeff Kish Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 07:09:29 CDT