Re: Getting PLS-00904 when trying to compile (even as sysdba)

From: Hans Wijte <Hans.Wijte_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: 7 Oct 2004 04:31:11 -0700

Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_remove.itc.alstom.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bcc71ed5f7f31c989687_at_iww.cacti.ch.alstom.com>...
> Hi there.
>
> System is Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 on Windows2000 SP4 ADV Server with Oracle
> Fail Safe
>
> I found several Packages in status invalid in the sys schema. I tried to
> compile them but I'm getting errors. For example when trying to
> recompile SYS.DBMS_AQADM I get an PLS-00904: insufficient privilege to
> access object SYSTEM.AQ$_QUEUES
>
> I even tried to connect as sysdba. No luck. But sys has access to this
> table.
> Anyone knows what I am doing wrong here?

Apparently SYS is not authorized to view the AQ tables of system; it could help to have the user SYS explicitly granted by SYSTEM for his tables and other AQ objects.
Otherwise, because the AQ objects are created in both the SYS and SYSTEM schemas, it is generally best (IF possible) to de-install AQ with the script catnoqueue.sql and ,after that, reinstall AQ by running the catqueue.sql script; these scripts are located in the $ORACLE_HOME/RDBMS/ADMIN directory

Both scripts (if you're willing to run them, that is) must be run as SYS

Regards

HAnS Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 06:31:11 CDT