Re: VTO-4400 no database has been discovered

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:10:39 +1000

Tho Nguyen wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was trying to configure OEM today. Everything was fine, I could
> login the OEM but when I tried to lauch DBA studio from there, I could
> not and it said no database has been discovered yet. I don't
> understand why since I created a database already.

I don't understand you not understanding!

Creating a database is one thing. Having that listed properly in the listener.ora SID_LIST section and then picked up by a re-started Intelligent Agent (which are both prerequisites for the automatic discovery of databases inside OEM) is quite another.

Use Network Manager to add the database details to the existing Listener.ora as a statically-declared SID.

Re-start your agent.

Check ORACLE_HOME-sqlplus-agent for a file called services.ora, and see whether your new database is listed in it. If it is, then OEM - Navigation - Refresh Nodes (or Discover Nodes) will detect it.

You will of course have to have first created the Enterprise Manager infrastructure for any of that to be meaningful (run the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant if not).

I can't get more detailed than that since minor details such as your operating system and Oracle version are sadly lacking from your original post.

Regards
HJR