Re: How to install oracle on UNIX

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 20:48:56 -0700

Bricklen <bricklen_at_zyahoo.zcomz> wrote in message news:<pH_8d.33586$223.14292_at_edtnps89>...
> David Fitzjarrell wrote:
>

> > Idiot-proof install == authored by an idiot???
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > This is a newsgroup, not a buddy list. Oh, and what information leads
> > you to believe we're in this only for the money? I think you'll find
> > yourself in the minority with that train of thought. And on the
> > receiving end of more posts like this. It appears you are the
> > arrogant one in this exchange.
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Obviously they at Cal-Berkeley didn't teach you spelling, grammar nor
> > manners, much less respect for those who have more ezperience. And,
> > the only fool I see in this thread is you.
> >

> <snip>
> >
> > Now, now, your language is atrocious. Does your mother know you talk
> > that way? You really shouldn't be speaking to DBAs in that fashion,
> > especially since you are NOT in such a position (by your own
> > admission). I personally don't care how much C code you've written in
> > the last 10 years. I do care about what you tell others with respect
> > to installing Oracle on a UNIX platform. When you grow up do let us
> > know. It will be a refreshing change to actually speak to an adult,
> > rather than some kid using a nickname indicative of a wholesale lager
> > resource.
> >
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> You are getting WAY too worked up over nothing. This is why usenet is
> degenerating, with posts like this. Normally I wouldn't even bother with
> getting involved, I just found your post hypocritical and rude.

Shown in the context you present I fully agree with your assessment. As such I must apologise to the group and to the poster to whom I was responding. I "shot from the hip", and did not reconsider my words prior to posting.

> fwiw, regarding the last line in your post, I know someone named Kegan
> who has a nickname of Keg. She certainly isn't a kid "using a nickname
> indicative of a wholesale lager resource".

Not being familair with such nicknames I, again, erred on the side of poor judgement. The apology offered herein applies to all which I wrote in my previous post. More thought shall go into further responses I choose to offer.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 22:48:56 CDT