Looking for some database statistics and wait event statistics

From: JL <john.lem_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 14:53:17 -0700

Hi:

We are using Oracle 10g RAC on Sun Solaris 5.9.

  1. In GV$SYSSTAT, we cannot find the following database statistics:

'global cache converts',
'global cache convert time',
'global cache gets',
'global cache get time',
'global cache convert timeouts',
'global cache defers'

2) In GV$SYSTEM_EVENT, we cannot find the following wait event:

'buffer busy global CR'

For 1) and 2), could someone please tell us where to retrieve the above information, or suggest a reasonable alternative?

Have these stats been removed in Oracle 10g?

Have they been renamed? To what?

3) We currently compute the number of additional redo logs that can be accommodated in the free space of the archive directory using the formula:

    (arhive directory free space / redo log file size)

However, using ASM we find that the free space for a ASM diskgroup is being reported as zero in the table v$asm_diskgroup if the diskgroup is mounted via srvctl. How would one go about retrieving the free space for a logical volume?

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 16:53:17 CDT