Re: How to install oracle on UNIX

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 13:58:25 -0700

rhugga_at_yahoo.com (Keg) wrote in message news:<6c795a35.0410030457.66aab7e8_at_posting.google.com>...

> Hey turbo, please read the response before posting some ignorant
> reponse such as this. ORACLE_HOME is set. And bash will run circles
> around ksh any day. Ksh is a total noob shell. And if you also read,
> I said I might have left something out. Also, oinstall is not needed.
> If you really knew the ins and outs of oracle, and how processes work
> under Unix, you would know this. I have been managing large enterprise
> databases for 10+ years and never once used the oinstall group.

oracle:RTST_at_pluto /home2/oracle$ bash
/usr/bin/ksh: bash: not found
oracle:RTST_at_pluto /home2/oracle$

I think it circled the drain instead.

> Thus, setting this to false will not display a popup, and THUS not
> require an X terminal. I install databases in my colo remotely over
> SSH without X on the regular noob. (And I'm not even a DBA)

You can parenthetically say that again. Let's all toast the people who manage large enterprise databases and are not DBA's!

> Lastly, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't bother. You
> also might wanna consider the company on this list also before you
> make an ass outta yourself. There are a lot of current and former
> oracle developers on here. You know, the guys that write the code
> itself.

"This list?" Your yahoo is showing.

> Man I miss the days when usenet was actually usefull for something.
>
> Layte.

Yeah, like spelling flames.

jg

--