Re: SQL standard

From: Joachim Verhagen <joachim.verhagen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:18:26 +0200

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:14:27 +0200, "Randi W" <randiwolner_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>In my application I am trying to use only SQLs that can be run on 'any'
>database.
>Can anyone tell me where I can find the SQL standard (ANSI)? I guess it is
>published somewhere on the internet?
>Is SQL-92 the 'newest' one, that I should use as reference when having these
>wishes?
>
>Thanks,
>Randi

I know no free version on the internet. You could buy the ANSI-92 standards from the ANSI store http://webstore.ansi.org/ , but it is really useless. No database confirms to the standards. In the SQL Reference books of line is a chapter which tells the enhancements of Oracle to the standards. If you use nothing in that chapter you will be pretty save.

Joachim.

--
 This post is free post; you can redistribute it and/or
 modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License

Joachim Verhagen (jcdverha_at_xs4all.nl)
WWW http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/  (Science Jokes)