Re: Can I create a database via oracle client?

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 09:08:53 -0700

"it025" <noone_at_never.land> wrote in message news:<ck07j6$rva$1_at_fegnews.vip.hr>...
> Goran
>
> Groucho Marx once said:
> "Never argue with an i....t - he will drag you down to his level and beat
> you with experience."
>
> Kindly stop waisting company time on educating amateurs and get back to
> work.
>
> M.Sirovica
> DBA Team Leader
> VIPnet Telecom

He is, apparently, wasting company time here, as his post is full of 'ifs' requiring access to the server itself. The original post asked if it was possible to create a database on a server through the client software, and without access to the server at some point, it is not. Period. End of story.

Oh, and if you're monitoring his activity, aren't YOU also wasting company time? And, as you will note, it is 'wasting', not 'waisting'.  A waste is to use, consume, spend, or expend thoughtlessly or carelessly. A waist is the part of the human trunk between the bottom of the rib cage and the pelvis. Hence, you cannot be 'waisting' anything, much less time.

And, you are correct: "Never argue with an idiot; he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience" is an excellent way to reduce frustration. However, Sybrand Bakker is not an idiot. And has posted the correct repsonse several times in this exchange. Apparently the idiot is your employee who continues to propose "solutions" involving scenarios not available to the original poster.

Now, I would also suggest you get back to work, and stop playing on comp.databases.oracle.server.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 11:08:53 CDT