problem with oracle 9.2 on linux redhat

From: Andy K <akw_75_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 03:31:01 -0700

Hi ,

I had a major situation this morning .

My group is designing a 3 tiers application .

Recently we upgraded our old server to a new one , a dell with 2 processors and 3Go of ram with 2 disk of 60 go on raid one and 3 disks on raid 5 on linux redhat AS 2.1 .

The oracle server is 9.2.0.4 .

our application is using the network to reach the instances .

I have two instances , configured on two different port (1521 & 1522) with ASYNCHORNOUS I/O .

This morning , people try to connect to the databases as usual but instead of succeeding , they failed to do so .

The connection hanged with 7 people on it and after I killed this seven , I can connect again and then , a few other people try to get in and it is the mess again until i tried to connect without the listener and then it was stucked .

My question is :

I have a huge server with 2 instances that are not big (60go & 30go) , but it seems that the listener succeed to bug everything even the instance after a few hours of messy connections .

So i'm wondering if there is a problem with linux AS 2.1 . I patched Oracle to 9.2.0.4 so I won't have any problem and I have checked the 9.2.0.5 patch which don't indicate any correction with the net listener .

Does Red Hat has some memory leak or is it maybe a problem with the aynchronous I/O (which I don't believe because but it is quite weird because Oracle advice it) .

So can anyone tell me if he has heard something like this ?

Big thanks in advace .

Andy Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 05:31:01 CDT