Re: temporary datafiles not being used

From: Michael Jernigan <mjern92_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 14:05:10 -0700

Thanks for the response. I posted something to Metalink last week and got no replies.

They are locally managed with uniform allocation setup in a temporary tablespace. It's Oracle version 8.1.7.4 running on a Sun E3500 with Sun OS 5.8.

I seem to have a lot of waits on direct file write to the temporary files. So I was wondering if the file setup could be an issue.

My best bet is probably to tune my sort and hash areas and look at my disk setup. Currently I have a 5 disk stripe and and a 6 disk stripe.  Currently all my temp files are on the same 5 disk stripe. I could put one on the other stripe or create one across all 11.