Remote client to startup using SuSe

From: Vageesh <ymvageesh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 08:47:50 -0700

Hi

I am using a suse client and a suse server. I have configured the Lister and its up and running. I have configured tnsnames.ora and tnsping works. The database is SHUTDOWN and I want to START. I have a pfile at client place in which have specified the spfile=path/filename parameter.
Now I try to say
sqlplus "sys/password_at_connect as sysdba" It says insufficient priveleges
Oerr ora 1031 insufficient Priveleges

Could you please help
Vageesh Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 10:47:50 CDT