Re: Can I create a database via oracle client?

From: Markus Innerebner <markusin_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:12:39 +0200

hi ed
> Ok, let's try again .... why does your company insist that you need to
> be capable to create *instances* (as opposed to databases)
> *on-the-fly*. You didn't anwer the question, you simply showed that
> you had not bothered to investigate it.
Now my answer. The company wants to make tests on different instances. I was the only one, who was using oracle as a user, but not as an admin. Until now I just made the installation, instances via DBCA from the server.

>>In our company there was a propose for a good oracle book. Can you give
>>me a good advise, which book to buy?
>>

> *A* good book? There's bookstores full of them but first go to
> tahiti.oracle.com and register for a free OTN account. There you will
> find all of the official Oracle docs, online and free for the reading.
> Start with the Concepts Guide. After that I'd suggest Tom Kyte's
> "Oracle Expert One-on-One." First three chapters should be required
> reading for all DBA's, Developers, analysts, architects, and their
> managers.

thanks for the suggestion. Does not matter if the book (Tom Kyte) is just until the version 8i?

regards Markus Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 10:12:39 CDT