Advanced Queuing. Can not read message in publish / subscrtibe mode.

From: Alexander Zemerov <azemerov_at_inbox.ru>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 07:19:58 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with implementation of publish/subscribe scenario. The next steps are done -

0) Oracle 8.1.7.4.0
1) create a type for messaging
2) create simple (subscribing) queue and start it
3) create multiple (publishing) queue and start it
4) add a subscriber (simple queue, step #2) to the multiple queue
(step #3)
5) send a message to the multiple queue; have no exceptons - message has a recepient.
6) try to read from the simple queue - have an timeout exception - no messages available for dequeuing.

Additional info -
1) in the table AQ$_MSG_MULTIPLE_H I can see my message Id with subscriber#=0
2) in the table AQ$_MSG_MULTIPLE_S subscriber with #0 has queue_name='0' and no name
3) table MSG has no records at all
4) table MSG_MULTIPLE has a record with my message

What is the problem? Do I need to do some additional work? Sorry if my question is too simple or stupid - I just couldn't find the answer in Oracle examples...

Thank you,
Alexander.

createtype message_type as object (subject varchar2(30),text varchar2(80));

begin