Re: Can I create a database via oracle client?

From: Markus Innerebner <markusin_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:43:49 +0200

hello Sybrand
thanks for your advice

> I'm getting curious: is there any particular reason, other than out of
> lack of knowledge, why you *insist* that you need to be capable to
> create *instances* (as opposed to databases) *on-the-fly*.
> Do you understand how Oracle implemented the *database* concept,ie not
> in the same fashion as sqlserver, as sybase, as informix, as db2?
> Probably not!

I understand, that Oracle implements the database concept differently that a simple database like mysql, but honestly I do not know it exactly. Where can I find a good description, how oracle implements his   database?

I was asking this question, because in our company we would install a db instance via a client. Thats the reason.

In our company there was a propose for a good oracle book. Can you give me a good advise, which book to buy?

regards Markus Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 04:43:49 CDT