Re: Oracle 10g RAC Question

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 14:42:55 -0700

rhugga_at_yahoo.com (Keg) wrote in message news:<6c795a35.0410011200.62dea95b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:<EGd7d.6482$223.1627_at_edtnps89>...
> > These exact questions were recently posted and answered - suggest you check
> > the archives.
> >
> > Also, start your learning curve now with some light reading ... these
> > questions are answered in Oracle white papers. Go to
> >
> > http://otn.oracle.com
> >
> > bottom left, under Product Centers, click 'Database' link;
> > center, under Focus Areas, click the 'Real Application Clusters' link;
> > center, under Technical Information, click the 'Oracle RAC 10g Overview'
> >
> > /Hans
> Yea, I'm sure every question ever asked here is in white papers
> somewhere. People go to usenet for quick fast resolutions and
> information sharing. Otherwise what is the purpose.

That is a really good question which should be in the faq. Oh, well it is in the faq, just buried a bit under charter. http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm#subj3 But that really doesn't explain the purpose; I guess it is implicit that a discussion group is about communicating. A small part of that communication is direction towards information - Hans did an excellent job of that, better than most posts on most groups. But I would think a more major purpose is discussion about and amplification of things that are in the docs. As far as quick fast resolutions - this ain't oracle-l or a chat room or paid support. Fast is relative. And you are expected to check the archives first. http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm#subj6

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.55.html#subj8