_allow_resetlogs_corruption question ...

From: Domenic <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 14:27:46 -0700

Whenever I try doing a cancel based recovery using an old controlfile, ie:

recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;

the database complains that file 1 is not consistent, even though v$datafile and v$recover_file show consistent SCNs across the board after the last archive log has been fed in.

Before starting recovery, I did a shutdown abort and blew away the online logs. Is this error because it thinks there may be uncommitted changes in the datafiles that need to be reversed by scanning the last online log?

Of course _allow_resetlogs_corruption does the trick, but I was wondering if my understanding of this is right or wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Domenic. Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 16:27:46 CDT