Re: My DBA says this can't be done!

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 14:17:22 -0700

Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.10.03.02.22.27.150751_at_sbcglobal.net>...
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:03:18 +0000, Mike wrote:
>
> > The DBA says all the inconsistent spaces are causing problems and that
> > any function he writes can't handle more then one TimesInWeek field
> > (e.g. can't handle 00000300 04001000) .
>
> This is your second post about "your DBA". Why isn't "your DBA" on this
> group and what are you trying to do? Are you trying to micro-manage "your

Most DBA's are not on this group. They're too busy calculating hit ratios and avoiding being pinned down to responsibility for any problems.

> DBA" or trying to take his place? As a DBA, I don't see any compelling
> reason to help you with that. If you don't trust "your DBA", get another

Micromanage? That seems a bit paranoid. People don't have to be a DBA to post here, just be on topic. Most of the time. Any DBA that would have to be worried about being unseated because of a post by a developer here probably deserves the worry.

> one, which will make you more inclined to trust him or her. This is the
> first soap opera with an oracle DBA playing the lead role that I've ever
> seen. Have you considered getting Susan Lucci or Heather Locklear?

You've never seen DBA soap operas? Jeez, where've you been?

Susan Lucci - always a developer, never a DBA :-)

Heather Locklear is now on bad prime-time TV, of course. A mile-high club or something.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I think we need to get off this planet, because I'm afraid we're