Copying tables form ONE Schema to Another SChema in same instance

From: HARI OM <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 13:29:30 -0700

SUBJECT: Copying tables form ONE Schema to Another SChema in same instance

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.2 on IBM AIX 5.1L System. I have a instance names "KHAR" and have 2 SCHEMAS in it namely: "DIN" and "MUK".

Schema DIN is in Tablespace DIN and
Schema MUK is in Tablespace MUK.

I have around 200 populated tables in "Schema DIN" and I took FULL Export of this User "DIN" - "din.dmp" last week.

Now, I would like to replicate or copy these DIN Schema Tables to MUK Schema's. How can I do that.

I tried doing IMPORT:
./imp system/***@khar fromuser=DIN touser=MUK and enter the export file as "din.dmp"

It did create these tables under Schema MUK. However, it created it under DIN Tablespace and not under MUK Tablespace.....

what is the better way of doing this? what am I doing wrong?

THANKS! HARI OM Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 15:29:30 CDT