Re: multiple schema or multiple instance

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 11:13:09 -0700

see_at_reply-to.invalid (Bruno Jargot) wrote in message news:<1gl0vb7.1eidyh5100sysaN%see_at_reply-to.invalid>...
> Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > Bruno Jargot wrote in message
>
> > > So, for production database, one instance for one application is almost
> > > always required. Do you agree or do I miss something ?
> >
> > You miss the "new features."
>
> Tablespace point in time recovery : I am not familiar with this
> functionality but it seems to me rather complex to use. However I will
> examine it more in detail.
>
> Any other new feature ?

Not so much TSPITR as simply being able to recover tablespaces separately. It basically removes much of the restoration argument from a one instance/one application rule. All other arguments just become performance tuning or uptime requirements.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
They won!  http://www.xprize.org/