Re: Oracle 9i/10g + Suse Linux 9.1 Professional

From: FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:36:37 GMT

nospam.jeremy.russell_at_email.com wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:59:57 GMT, FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
> wrote:
>

>>nospam.jeremy.russell_at_email.com wrote:
>>
>>>Simple question and I'm sure it's been answered but I can't find the
>>>info anywhere, so here goes.  Will Oracle 10g run on the Suse Linux
>>>9.1 Professional edition, even though Oracle apparently don't
>>>specifically mention that it will.
>>
>>The simple answer is "yes" (without missing anything).
>>
>>However you can have the Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 here:
>>http://www.suse.de/en/business/products/server/sles/eval.html
>>

> Thanks, Fabrizio - if I read that page correctly, the 30 days is a
> fixed evaluation period, after which the software stops working. Is
> that right?
>
> If so, I'll need to wait a few weeks to begin, 'cos I've got other
> pressing priorities (and a brief holiday) before I want to begin.
>
> I was just anxious to install Linux on a new box that I've just
> acquired.
>
> Thanks once again for the prompt response.
>
> JR

Actually it won't stop at all.

You are going to be able to perform your test.

The CDs shipped to me by Novell where identical to the evaluation version and we have a couple of test servers still running after 2 months.

Once the licenses where on maintenance and support only. I'm still not sure how they are working just now (and so my novell sales rep).

--

Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe