Re: Oracle 9i/10g + Suse Linux 9.1 Professional

From: <nospam.jeremy.russell_at_email.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:26:33 GMT

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:59:57 GMT, FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> wrote:

>nospam.jeremy.russell_at_email.com wrote:
>> Simple question and I'm sure it's been answered but I can't find the
>> info anywhere, so here goes. Will Oracle 10g run on the Suse Linux
>> 9.1 Professional edition, even though Oracle apparently don't
>> specifically mention that it will.
>
>The simple answer is "yes" (without missing anything).
>
>However you can have the Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 here:
>http://www.suse.de/en/business/products/server/sles/eval.html

Thanks, Fabrizio - if I read that page correctly, the 30 days is a fixed evaluation period, after which the software stops working. Is that right?

If so, I'll need to wait a few weeks to begin, 'cos I've got other pressing priorities (and a brief holiday) before I want to begin.

I was just anxious to install Linux on a new box that I've just acquired.

Thanks once again for the prompt response.

JR Received on Sun Oct 03 2004 - 09:26:33 CDT