Re: measuring oracle transactions

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:58:09 +0100

In message <1096593761.373160_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> writes
>Ronald wrote:
>
>> Sorry if it was not clear enough.
>> I want to reproduce manual transactions and know start and end time on
>> a 11i oracle application.
>> Version is actually not interesting because reproducing human
>> activities and measure the time it took to response.
>> bad example but like a: dataload sheet that query specific product
>>and
>> logs the start time and time when query is answered. This to measure
>> transaction time how the users are experience on specific time fence.
>> Hope this clarifies.
>> Regards,
>> Ronald.
>
>That you have 11i is irrelevant to your question. The relevant version
>is that of the database and is required to give you a specific answer.

The database version is not relevant. If you read his message, you will see he wants to measure user transactions, i.e. "type in some data and hit save". This is DBMS independent.

I don't know the answer, but there are various web application bench marking tools which may be able to do the job.

--
Jim Smith
Because of their persistent net abuse, I ignore mail from