Re: Data files in a tablespace.

From: Romeo Olympia <rolympia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2004 18:17:57 -0700

This is not necessarily the case. You can select from the dictionary with less powerful privileges than the DBA role. Some things that come to mind are: SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE and even direct select grants on the dba_*/user_*/all_* views (somewhat bad practice).

Try to determine what privs your DBA studio user has. One easy way is to

select * from session_roles;
select * from session_privs;

when you're connected as that user.

Hth.