Re: How to perform a health check?

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:03:24 GMT

Noons wrote:

> For years I've complained bitterly there are
> no standards anywhere to define what a dba job is
> and how to make sure one gets the right people
> for it.

  1. For the standard ... what's wrong with the definition of DBA that Oracle provides? It's been part of the DBA guide since Version 5 (or earlier). In V5.1 it was Chapter 2 'The Role of the DBA'. In 9iR2 it's Chapter 1, part 1 at

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#834

b) As for measuring and getting the right people, I agree with your comment.

/Hans Received on Fri Oct 01 2004 - 17:03:24 CDT