Re: Data Replication performance

From: Rozz Williams <satarnag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2004 13:00:38 -0700

Performance is determined by many factors (method of replication, Hardware involved, size of database, type of data) and thus no one will be able to give you an answer based on the information provided.

I am not familar with SQL Server, but there are a lot of replication software available for Oracle. Two that come to mind is a product called "Golden Gate" (www.goldengate.com) and Shareplex for Oracle (www.quest.com). I can't speak for Golden Gate (because I haven't experienced their products) but I can tell you that Shareplex for Oracle is able to accomodate companies that have high OLTP transaction rates.

Regards...