Re: Question about ARCHIVELOG mode

From: agis <stag_at_hq.acn.gr>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:03:13 +0300

"Eugene Pyzhyk" <pyzhykea_at_belhard.com> wrote in message news:8850346c.0410010029.1e08515a_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello all!
>
> Can you help me ?
>
> Does anybody know, may I start Oracle Server in ARCHIVELOG mode and
> perform redo logs archiving in manual mode (only when I want to
> archive it). Or automatic redo logs archiving must be enabled for
> correct Oracle Server functioning ?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Eugene Pyzhyk

Connect as sysdba in mount state

alter database archivelog;

And then wehn u want to manualy archive : alter database archive log current; or alter database switch logfile;

But u should put the database inautmatic archive log mode.

Put in init ora ..

log_archive_start=true
log_archive_dest=[mount point of archives]

shutdown ->mount ->alter database archivelog;->open

Agis   Received on Fri Oct 01 2004 - 04:03:13 CDT