Re: How to perform a health check?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 30 Sep 2004 23:24:45 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1096593455.697285_at_yasure>...

> Perhaps a bit terse on my part. But it does irritate me when someone
> takes away an employment away from a competent person and then expects
> that somehow they can reduce years of education and experience into
> something they can get from a post to a usenet group.

Ain't that what middle management does all the time? Heck, I keep going to sites where the middle damager asks me to help train the site's newbie dba. Length of the assignment: 2 days. Of course I can "train" them....

> Guess it still riles me just a bit. ;-)

Join the club.
For years I've complained bitterly there are no standards anywhere to define what a dba job is and how to make sure one gets the right people for it. The result was the OCP. Which has ultimately resulted in people making posts like the OP.

Nowadays I don't care anymore. IT is FUBAR, quite frankly. Let the idiots dig their own grave. And if possible, provide a gentle push. Received on Fri Oct 01 2004 - 01:24:45 CDT