Re: privileg question

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:40:53 GMT

Markus Innerebner wrote:

> Hello
>
> i want to know, if it is possible to login remote via a JDBC-connection
> as SYSDBA.
> It's important for me, because so I could create new databases.
>
> thanks for your answer.

Are you trying to create a new database? Or a new Oracle schema?

These are two different concepts - as far as I know, it is not possible to create a database using JDBC ... as the catalog and standard packages have not been created, there is not enough intelligence to interpret your JDBC request.

If I understand your question - you might find some relevant discussion in the Oracle documents - 'Concepts Manual', 'Application Developer's Fundamentals' and 'Java Developers' - found at http://docs.oracle.com

/Hans Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 21:40:53 CDT