Re: Bookish Questions need Ideas

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2004 16:29:34 -0700

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_URL?remark=glossary&urlname=http:%2F%2Fdownload-west.oracle.com%2Fdocs%2Fcd%2FB10501_01%2Fserver.920%2Fa96524%2Fglossary.htm%23432681

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_URL?remark=glossary&urlname=http:%2F%2Fdownload-west.oracle.com%2Fdocs%2Fcd%2FB10501_01%2Fserver.920%2Fa96524%2Fglossary.htm%23996859

> Q1.So any Transaction Rollback there are data duplication storage
> is happening.Means Rollback segment is storing the data as well
> as the rego log.Is it true?If true then why?

Figure out the difference between a transaction and recovery, and consider the issue of repeatable reads.

> Q2.But I have a doubt on my question also.Is rollback segment stores
> data or refresh it after stipulated hours or after every load???

Man, read the book again.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/b_deprec.htm#634941

jg

--