Re: URGENT: Migrating Locally Managed Tablespaces to DICTIONARY!!!!

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:35:18 GMT

2TB doesn't seem unrealistic in 24hrs.
Parallelize into 4-8 different exp/imp scripts. If the majority of your data is on one table, this might not be the way. Validating constraints and building indexes, usually takes the longest. There are ways to speed it up as well (e.g. nologging, large sort area size, parallelizing)

Search the newsgroup for speeding up imp/exp.

Definetely test first.

-A

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:00:53 GMT, Antonio Dell'elce <antonio_at_dellelce.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
> By "error" I created tablespaces (including SYSTEM) to be LMT...
>unfortunately the customer does not allow this at this point, I MUST
>"migrate" (someway) to DMT, any suggestions? I MUST migrate two
>instances totaling about two terabytes in possibly 24 hours or not much
>more..... I don't have enough resources to do an export/db (re)creation
>and import in 24 hours.
>
>Thank you all!
>
>PS Hardware platform is a HP Integrity Superdome partition
> with 4 procs 16 gigs ram (IA64) with Symmetrix storage.
>

>--
>Antonio Dell'elce
> http://www.dellelce.com/MyHome/

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 13:35:18 CDT