Re: How many Oracle 9i Instances can I create on the P650 AIX?

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:25:41 -0500

On 2004-09-29, Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2004 14:46:30 -0700, rhugga_at_yahoo.com (Keg) wrote:
>
>>I try and have 8GB per instance of Oracle on my
>>systems that run more than 1 instance
>
> 8G per instance is usually waaaayyyyyyyy too much and points to

        You're assuming that's all just for the SGA. Depending on the number of client connections you expect to support, much of that could be eaten up by dedicated server processes.

> non-maintained systems with untuned sql-statements and not using bind
> variables.

[deletia]

--
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||