Re: How to perform a health check?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2004 09:47:58 -0500

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Brian Dick wrote:

>>> Do you really think anyone can give you 5+ years of experience in a
>>> usenet posting? There are 1000 page books on the subject that don't
>>> completely cover it. I would suggest you find another source of
>>> employment.
>>>
>>> Oh ... and 8i begins desupport in 3 months so you might want to think
>>> about getting a different version of the database.
>>
>> If no one is complaining, it's healthy.

> OR (esp. if you aren't hearing the complaints) you are about to get a very > nasty surprise!

If no one is complaigning then I would suggest 1- take a look at the space utilization paying close attention to how much fre space is available to each tablespace and how much space any object is likely to request
2- review the alert log and trace files for any indication of errors or unreported problems that may be occurring 3- run a statspack report during what should be prime time and see what it tells you

HTH -- Mark D Powell --