Do all ODBC drivers for Oracle need to work on top of OCI??

From: Nagendra <nagendra.swamy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2004 22:13:47 -0700

Hi all,

To access the Oracle DataBase through Easysoft or DataDirect Oracle ODBC drivers(for solaris),is it required to have OCI installed on that machine? What i am asking is, whether we need to have an OCI license in addition to an EasySoft (or Datadirect license) as well, in order to access the Oracle backend? More generally, do all ODBC drivers work on top of the OCI itself? Or can they interact directly with the backend?
My platform is Solaris (Sun Sparc) and Linux (RedHat on Intel)

TIA,
Nagendra. Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 00:13:47 CDT