How many Oracle 9i Instances can I create on the P650 AIX?

From: DBA <marcelmix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2004 08:52:05 -0700

I'm trying to plan how many instances can I create on the P650 Server without loosing great deal of performance and encounter a lot of swapping:

Server Specs:

OS: AIX 5.1
Nr of CPUs: 4
Memory: 4GB
Virtual Memory: 8GB
Disk Space: 400GB

Database Specs:

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1)
Max user: 50
Concurrent users: 20 - 30
The size of an instance around: 4GB
The size of SGA: 500 - 600 MB

Please advise.

Thank you

Marcel Received on Wed Sep 29 2004 - 10:52:05 CDT