Re: Oracle 8i database size

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:47:31 +0200

Comments embedded

On 28 Sep 2004 08:05:12 -0700, captain_2010_at_yahoo.com (captain) wrote:

>hi,
>
>My database size is increasing drastically everyday it consumes 1 GB.

Which is quite small nowadays

>Actually database is not more than 200 MB. Do not know where it consumes.

So run the proper sql against dba_segments

select owner, segment_type,sum( bytes)/1024 k from dba_segments
group by owner, type

>Archive file are increasing daily.

Which is normal. You do back them up, and remove them after succesfull backup, don't you?

>CONTROL01/2/3.CTL 15 Mb
>INDX01.DBF 60 Mb
>RBS01.DBF 600 MB Max file
>SYSTEM01.DBF 400 Mb
>TEMP01.DBF 90 Mb
>TOOLS01.DBF 20 Mb
>USERS01.DBF 150 Mb
>REDO01/2/3.LOG 2 Mb
>
>What I need to do ? Please it is urgent. Space is running out.

So buy a bigger disk. The sizes listed above are small to normal. Only the size of the rollback tablespace can be questioned. As you can reorganize your rolllback tablespace on the fly, that shouldn't be a problem.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA