Re: Bookish Questions need Ideas

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 28 Sep 2004 10:27:51 -0700

arijitchatterjee123_at_yahoo.co.in (Arijit Chatterjee) wrote in message news:<ea01504d.0409280150.3326e61d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Dear Faculties,
> Prviously I have submitted many probs from my real life projct.
> Now I am asking something theoritical point of views.Through your
> great support and my previous project exp I have learned
> littlebit of oracle.Now I need a help to solve this doubts.
> Q1.What is redo log?Why multiple Redolog files are needed for a
> Database?
> Q2.What is the use of .CTL or control files?Why multiple control files
> are needed for a Database?
> Q3.What is the use of .DBF files?What data it is storing?
> Q4.In Isolation level when I am specifying SERIALIAZBLE then the
> existing updation by another transaction would rejected or after
> completion of that this transaction will start?
> Q5.What is the use of pragma_clause?
> I have the questions are very much bookish but really need
> for concept building.If you need any clarification,please let
> me know.
> Regards
> Arijit Chatterjee

It would appear you are studying toward an advanced degree of some sort, which would indicate, to me, anyway, that you have mastered the art and science of research. That you ask such questions, which are not 'theoretical', but practical in nature indicates otherwise. It also indicates a laziness which may put a premature end to your career as an Oracle DBA or other Oracle database professional. Such information can be found in most of the FAQ lists published on the web and at Google, as well as the archives for this newsgroup, which you have obviously failed to search. You've been pointed to the correct source of information by another post; let me direct you further to the website where the Concepts Guide resides:

tahiti.oracle.com

I STRONGLY suggest you visit and read. You will find your answers there. I would also STRONGLY suggest you dramatically improve your research skills. The state at which they now exist is deplorable.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Sep 28 2004 - 12:27:51 CDT