Re: Should I Define CASCADE on Database Table or Forms ?

From: Brian Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:03:26 -0400

On 28 Sep 2004 04:12:47 -0700, xtanto wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are developing Forms 10g application on Oracle 9i.
> The question is :
> For best practice on Master Detail application, should I define
> cascade on database level or Forms level ?
>
> Thank you foryour help,
> xtanto

Does it make [business] sense to have a Detail row without a Master row?

If yes, then cascade delete is rule specifically for the application and should be done by the Form.

If no, then cascade delete is a global rule and should be done by the database.

If sometimes, put the cascade delete in a stored procedure and call it from the Form. Received on Tue Sep 28 2004 - 07:03:26 CDT