Re: Cannot updated table with stored procedure triggered by Crystal Reports

From: Yukonkid <info_at_Boecker-OCP.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2004 02:54:01 -0700

ruslan00_at_yahoo.com (Ruslan Kogan) wrote in message news:<d562b81c.0409272150.7d650f5a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to run a stored procedure from Crystal Reports which
> updates a table in our Orcale database. However, we get the following
> error message:
>
> "ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a
> READ ONLY transaction"
>
> However, when we connect to the database as the same user, we are able
> to successfully execute the stored procedure in SQLPlus.
>
> Does anyone know what is going wrong??
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

maybe CR does a

'set transaction read only'

before? Then no modifications are allowed until the tx ends.

In a reporting system there could be a need to have consistent data in a long running report build on many SELECTS with respect to a single point in time (starting of the transaction) without locking data anywhere.

check the CR environment where you working in if they do a implicit SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY. YK Received on Tue Sep 28 2004 - 04:54:01 CDT