Re: big MLOG$

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:44:14 +0200

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:09:56 +0200, "zeb" <spam_at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have tables in replication ( read-only snapshot )
>( datawarehouse, update during the night )
>for somes tables the table MLOG$ is very
>big ( more than 6 GB ) .
>
>Can I delete rows for the MLOG$ tables ?
>With what criterion ?
>whithout risk for my replication ?
>
>Thanks for your help ...
>
>Oracle 8.1.7
>AIX 4.3.3

The mlog$ tables are the snapshot log tables. They should be purged/cleaned up during a *complete* refresh. Yes, you can delete rows from the MLOG$ table, but doing so your replication is going to fail. We have maintained one instance where an Oracle employee did this, and caused a huge deferred transaction queue, with the result the SYSTEM tablespace became 1.2 G

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA