Re: Oracle9i installation - Oracle Net Services problems

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:56:53 GMT

Alan wrote:

> Wise words - and I think this was the problem. I was using my unix
> root login to access sqlplus instead of my oracle (orac9i) login in
> unix.

Glad it helped.

Used to be a time when, in many origanizations, unix SAs would get a reprimand for any use of root unless they could justify it in writing. You have no idea how much grief Oracle used to get from the security-minded unix community about the use of root. The result is they went significantly 'tother direction.

/Hans Received on Mon Sep 27 2004 - 14:56:53 CDT