Re: update/select statement tuning help

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:49:41 -0400

"Hans Forbrich" <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:dhY5d.122024$KU5.81009_at_edtnps89...
> Alan wrote:
>

> > But I would also need to re-program my radio settings. This could take
> > hours, and I would still be listening to the same music when I was done.
> > guess it might sound a little better, or at least I would certainly feel
> > better listening to it in my brand new car.
> >

> Guess radio setting are more important than the improved handling, the
> ability to stick corners at higher speeds, the onboard engine monitor, the
> reduced cost related to better mileage, etc. To each his own <g>

I guess it's important to me as a driver, but in any event, I can't convince the car's owner that
the new car is worth the expense, as the owner never drives the car. The owner asks me to run to the grocery store and pick up some milk. I get back in a reasonable amount of time, and the milk is still pretty cold, so he doesn't see the need.

> Note that I DO understand the/your situation. A lot of people (like
> lurkers) don't and just tend to do the mythological Ostrich thing - I like
> to bring the myth aspect to their attention.

I'm sure my situation is not unique. Received on Mon Sep 27 2004 - 14:49:41 CDT