Re: Which Linux dist/version for Oracle 9.2 education/playing

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:08:47 -0500

On 2004-09-24, Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I work as an Oracle consultant and want to learn more about the
> Linux/Oracle combination. I have taken a look at Metalink for the
> certifiable configurations for the x86 platform.

        Give Debian Test a try. There are 10g installation instructions on the web that will tell you which of your /etc/ files you need to change to fool the Oracle installer into believing your machine has RHEL installed on it.

[deletia]

--
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||