Re: Trigger not firing on oralc database

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:06:15 GMT

In article <5d494774.0409261957.61fc142_at_posting.google.com>, hemant_ng_at_yahoo.com (Hemant Garach) wrote:
>Hi,
>I want to know under which conditions will a trigger not fire. The
>database we are using is Oracle 9i and client is oracle 8i (most
>probably).

..

>Do you think this is because of the size of the table ?

Triggers had better always fire (if enabled) regardless of table size, or else Oracle's out of business. If your trigger seems to not be firing, I'd say you need to debug both the trigger and the Powerbuilder app.

>Will implementing locking mechanisms solve the problem ?

Why should it?

You need to identify the actual problem before attempting a solution. Received on Mon Sep 27 2004 - 11:06:15 CDT